Session Two Two

Shenvallei: With a perplexed and then friendly smile – “Oh yes I forgot to introduce myself, I am Shen and this is Al…. did you say Glabreezu?”
Shenvallei: Have I heard of Glabreezu?
Arothir: Nossir.
Arothir: It’s not seemingly a very common name.
Arothir: “Yeah…Glabree—-wait, you don’t know Glabreezu? Do you two even have clearance to be down here?”
Shenvallei: “Hehe I had thought you said something else… Clearance? No but we will explain if you let us.”
Arothir: He seems irritated, but motions for you to go on
Arothir: He hasn’t sheathed his longsword, however.
  • Shenvallei enters the room and looks around. Anything interesting. *
    Arothir: Interesting?
    Arothir: Doubtlessly.
    Arothir: There’s a big black lever over in the corner.
    Alusair: oh no
    Arothir: There are no papers anywhere to be seen, even though there are desks.
    Arothir: One of the desks is slightly off-kilter.
    Arothir: Even the bookshelves are devoid of paper.
    Shenvallei: “Apparently the portal leading to the kitchen in the bar brought us here. And this was after we found a note for Llaryn. Do you know this “Llaryn?”
    Arothir: The man seems disarmed by Shen’s utter honesty. “Of course I know Llaryn. I was just talking to him.”
    Alusair: ”...”
    Shenvallei: “Well we think hes involved in an evil plot.” “Alusair do you have the note we found?”
    Alusair: ”.....”
    Shenvallei: “And if you are involved as well then woe to you friend.”
    Arothir: The man looks shocked
  • Alusair proceeds to whack her head against the door-frame. *
    Arothir: “Me? Do I look like I would be involved in an evil plot? I’m just an accountant! Can I see that note?”
  • Alusair is probably giving most of the demons the best amusement they’ve had in god knows how long. *
    Alusair: ....pass the note on.
    Arothir: You pass the note to the man?
    Alusair: sure
    Alusair: and then walk away
    Alusair: :P
    Arothir: You do so.
    Arothir: Shen
    Arothir: The man takes the note, touches it to a piece of metal on his belt and it bursts into flame.
    Arothir: Care to make a strength check?
    Shenvallei: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [14] = (14)
    whispering to Arothir, [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [9] = (9)
    Arothir: The man nudges you out of the way so he can shut the door
    Arothir: And then he brings his sword to bear on you
    Arothir: “Who are you, and who do you work for?”
    Shenvallei: “Hey put the weapon down sir, Ive answered your questions so far.”
    Shenvallei: “Now why did you burn the note? that was evidence!”
    Arothir: “That’s exactly why I burned it! It was evidence!”
    Shenvallei: “So you are involved!”
    Arothir: ”...I thought that much was obvio—- you didn’t know?”
    Arothir: He seems dumbfounded by Shen’s innocence.
    Alusair: LOL
    Alusair: I need to look at this room more often
    Shenvallei: “Forget all that now! Ill give you 3 seconds to lower your weapon so we can talk diplomatically or you are going to regret it.”
  • Shenvallei waits to see his reaction. *
    Arothir: “Regret? The only thing I may regret is the color my walls will be when I redecorate them with your blood. We can talk diplomatically, but I aint putting my sword down.”
    Shenvallei: I reach for the lever and get ready to pull it.
    Alusair: ( sorry he’s so slow reacting to you.. I’m vivisecting your familiar in the other room. )
    Arothir: it’s quite a long way away
    Shenvallei: lol
    Arothir: Quite across the room, in fact.
    Shenvallei: Who is closer to it? me or him?
    Arothir: He’s between you and the lever
    Arothir: But the lever’s a good 15 feet away
    Arothir: at least
    Arothir: not counting the desks in the way
    Arothir: which prevent a straight run, unless you’re good at hurdles
    Alusair: he’s a clueless elf.. the only thing he IS good for is feats of dexterity
    Alusair: ..err.
    Shenvallei: “Fine, you make one move and itll be your last! What is this operation! Whats with all the caged fiends! This isnt normal Harmonium business! I work for nobody! Who do you work for! Answer truthfully, for I can see through your lies.”
    Alusair: ( Shen is officlally my new favorite character. )
    Arothir: “This operation is a private matter between interested parties. The Fiends are an insurance policy. Yes it is. If you work for nobody, so do I.”
    Arothir: He seems smug, after overcoming your barrage of questions.
    Arothir: ( Indeed, mine too. )
    Alusair: ell oh effing ell
    Shenvallei: “Fine then Im leaving! You try and stop me and itll be the last move you make!” I head for the door.
    Arothir: He grabs onto your arm.
    Arothir: Strength check
    whispering to Arothir, [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [5] = (5)
    Shenvallei: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [10] = (10)
    Arothir: You manage to slip out of his grasp and make it to the door
    Shenvallei: “Hah! You weak fool you couldnt even catch me!” Leave and slam the door.
    Arothir: You slam the door.
    * No match found
    Arothir: The man throws the door open behind you and shouts “Halt! In a rather authoritative and commanding voice.”
    Arothir: ...change the “s to have them make sense.
    Arothir: :p
    Server Administrator-> Ping Results: 626.2 ms (parsed message, round trip)
    Shenvallei: “Haha!” and run down the corridor looking for Al.
    Arothir: You see Al standing a little ways down, in front of the cell in which Luna is in.
    Alusair: standing hell
    Alusair: sitting on my heels in dumbfounded shock
    Arothir: that works too
    Shenvallei: Run towards her. “Hey Al! the human’s a bit angry. Did you get Luna out?”
    Alusair: “Its not Luna..”
    Shenvallei: Look in the cell.
    Arothir: Shen, it’s Luna all right.
  • Alusair murmers something, somewhat amusedly, in Celestial. *
    Shenvallei: Is she ok?
    Arothir: Alusair looks a bit shaken.
    Arothir: Physically, fine.
    Arothir: Footsteps are approaching rather quickly
    Shenvallei: Is Luna ok I meant?
    Arothir: Oh, Luna’s purrfect.
    Alusair: “murmers “One moment” to the caged cat.
    Arothir: Looks better than when you last saw her, in fact.
  • Alusair stands up and picks her sword up from beside her, rounding on the footsteps. *
    *
    No match found
    Arothir: Initiatives!
    * That’s the Tab key, Dave
    Alusair: [1d20+2<!- Official Roll ->] => [15,2] = (17)
    *
    No match found
    Shenvallei: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [3] = (3)
    whispering to Arothir, [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [11] = (11)
    Shenvallei: +4
    Arothir: Alusair!
    Arothir: Your go, my friend.
    Alusair: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [13] = (13)
    Alusair: +.. uh..
    Alusair: a bunch…
    Arothir: That’d be a hit
    Arothir: if it’s a bunch
    Arothir: He’s unarmored, and not too nimble.
    Alusair: [1d10+6<!- Official Roll ->] => [8,6] = (14)
    Alusair: ^damage.
    Arothir: The man is visibly pained
    whispering to Arothir, [1d20+3<!- Official Roll ->] => [10,3] = (13)
    Arothir: He swings for you and misses, his sword showering sparks as it glances against the cage holding Luna.
    Alusair: “Yield while you still can, I won’t make the offer again.”
    Arothir: He seems to be considering it.
    Arothir: Shenvallei!
    Arothir: Your go.
    Shenvallei: Fire an arrow into his stomach.
    Shenvallei: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [16] = (16)
    Arothir: That’s a hit
    Shenvallei: +4
    Arothir: A palbable hit!
    Shenvallei: Shortbow is 1d?
    Alusair: 6
    Arothir: 6
    Shenvallei: [1d6<!- Official Roll ->] => [5] = (5)
    Arothir: For standard arrows, anyhoo
    Shenvallei: yes standard
    Alusair: nah, they standardized it
    Alusair: shortbow is always d6, longbow is always d8
    Arothir: The man collapses backwards, sword dropping from his hand, his other hand gripping the shaft of the arrow protruding from his stomach
    Alusair: ugh
    Arothir: He is moaning in pain, although it’s hard to hear amongst the demon screaming
    Alusair: kneel next to him
    Alusair: remove the arrow
    Alusair: Lay on Hands to stabilize him and keep him conscious
    Arothir: In fact, you hear an increase in demon activity once he falls to the floor
    Alusair: disarm him
    Arothir: He is disarmed of his sword
    Shenvallei: Pick up the arrow.
    Alusair: “Willing to talk in a civilized manner, yet?”
    Shenvallei: Pick up his sword.
    Arothir: “Willing, willing!”
    Alusair: “Are the cages linked, or can they be opened seperately?”
    Arothir: “There is a way to open them seperately, but it’s not time, it’s not time! It would be too early…”
    Alusair: “leans forward, knee pressing sharply into the man’s gut Not the question I asked, mate.”
    Arothir: He groans in pain
    Arothir: “Yes, yes, they can be! But I’m not letting you open them while I’m around! I don’t want to die!”
    Shenvallei: “Why are you planning to release them you disgusting fool?”
    Alusair: “I wish only to open one cage.”
    Arothir: “I wasn’t! I’m just a clerk! I just make sure they’re all here every day!”
    Alusair: “Mate, I’ll offer you a deal.”
    Alusair: “If you tell me how to open a single cage, I won’t go in your office, close the door, leave you out here and pull the lever.”
    Shenvallei: “Luna, if I pull the lever it will open all the cages. Were trying to get you out.”
    Arothir: Luna: “Aww, Shenvallei, you’re too good to me! When I get out, can I have backy-scratchy?”
    Alusair: O’ lord
    Shenvallei: I try to bend the bars.
    Alusair: deliver us from mad elves
    Arothir: “Uh…how about…I tell you how to open a single cage when I’m down at the portal, and can leave freely?”
    Arothir: Your hands stop
    Arothir: Before they can curl around the bars
    Alusair: “Can’t trust you. You might close the portal on us.”
    Shenvallei: Force field?
    Arothir: “Would I do something like that? Besides, you can open it from the inside! Just fix the desks, and it opens from the inside.”
    Arothir: Something like that.
    Arothir: More like a wall of force.
    Alusair: “Show us how to do so.”
    Arothir: but it boils down to the same thing.
    Alusair: lean back off of him
    Alusair: and offer him a hand up
    Arothir: “It’s easy! Just straighten the last one in the row it’s in.”
    Shenvallei: “Easy enough!” I bound towards the office with the desks.
    Arothir: he scrambles away from you and stands up by himself
    Arothir: You do so, Shen
    Arothir: with uncommon speed
    Arothir: “Please, let me go now!”
    Alusair: “Uh.. you haven’t told us how to open a specific cage yet, mate.”
    Alusair: “Gettin’ a bit ahead of yourself, aye?”
    Arothir: he fumbles with his belt and takes off an item which seems to be made of a silvery blue metal, almost perfectly cylindrical
    Arothir: “Just touch this to the bars, and it opens. That’s what Llayrn told me to do if one of them went missing to check the cell.”
    Arothir: “Can I go now?”
    Arothir: He drops the item on the ground
    Alusair: Take the device
    Arothir: And you take it
    Arothir: He looks ready to run, as if for his life.
    Alusair: Pat him on the back, “Go ahead, mate.”
    Arothir: Now that you have the rod in your hands, there seems to be no end to the panic in his face
    Arothir: You touch his back once, and he’s almost not visible down the path of demons he’s moving so fast
    Alusair: “Shen!”
    Shenvallei: Look back. “Yes?”
    Alusair: “C’mere..”
    Shenvallei: Head back to Al.
    Arothir: You arrive!
  • Alusair approaches the cage again, after wiping off and sheathing her sword. *
    Alusair: Crouch down near the cat
    Shenvallei: I do the same.
    Arothir: The cat’s eyes become locked on the shaft in your hands
    Arothir: It seems to have stopped all extraneous movement…no blinking…no tail twitching.
    Alusair: “I suppose your promise to play nice would be too much to ask?”
    Alusair: ...to the cat, not Shen
    Arothir: “I always play nice with you, Shen, don’t I?”
  • Shenvallei looks confused. “What do you mean Al? Ill make sure she doesnt do anything wrong. Watch…” *
  • Alusair stares searchingly at the cat, waiting for a response. *
    Shenvallei: “Luna roll over.”
    Arothir: Luna rolls over, but she keeps her eyes locked on the rod.
    Shenvallei: “Luna sit.”
    Arothir: Again, Luna sits.
    Shenvallei: “See she’s completely under my control.”
  • Alusair mutters something about “barmies” and “primes” mating and producing some sort’ve “super-Clueless”, and it being just her luck to meet the first born. *
    Arothir: lol
  • Alusair murmers again in Celestial before starting to stow the rod. *
  • Alusair never takes her eyes off the cat’s. *
    Arothir: The cat starts getting more and more agitated
    Arothir: The further out of sight the rod gets
    Shenvallei: I sense with my empthatic link to see if I can figure out why she is agitated.
    Arothir: Your empathic link….returns…contentedness, and catnip.
    Shenvallei: empathic that is
    Arothir: Luna’s entire body begins to shake and tremble violently
    Shenvallei: “Eh whats this?” Take a step back.
    Alusair: “Hellsteeth. All this for asking a simple promise.”
    Arothir: Alusair, have you stowed the rod completely?
    Alusair: No.. if its getting this worked up, stop and bring it back out..
    Shenvallei: “Are you ok Luna?”
  • Alusair crouches there by the cage, looking almost pleadingly at the cat for a response. *
    Arothir: It’s still agitated, staring daggers at Alusair
    Shenvallei: But yet I dont sence empathically its agitated?
  • Alusair mutters in Celestial at the cat, again. *
    Arothir: Nossir.
    Shenvallei: “Wait here Al dont do anything.”
    Shenvallei: I head back to the portal.
    Arothir: You do so
    Shenvallei: Go in carefully.
    Arothir: You enter carefully
    Arothir: It’s the kitchen
    Arothir: you hear purring coming from the cupboard
    Shenvallei: Open the cupboard.
    Arothir: Within, Luna is there
    Shenvallei: “What the?... If Luna is… and … Oh hells!” Rush back in the portal.
  • Alusair remains crouched infront of the cell, watching the cat.. the rod nowhere to be seen. *
    Shenvallei: “Al lets go its an imposter.”
    Arothir: You rush back into the portal
    Arothir: And make it to Alusair
    Arothir: Reflex saves, both of you.
    Alusair: “Too late, Shen..”
    Shenvallei: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [9] = (9)
    Alusair: [1d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [11] = (11)
    Shenvallei: +4
    Alusair: +... whispered to you
    Arothir: Shen, Alusair, you both are hurled back, towards the accountant’s chambers as a massive force slams the cage open. Shen, you bounce around a bit and take 8 damage, while Alusair seems to roll with the hit a bit better.
  • Alusair rolls back into a crouch, still watching the cage. *
    Arothir: Down the long hallway, you see sparks and cages being crushed outwards, as though something much too large for the hallway was forcing it’s way through
    Shenvallei: Scramble to get up and inside the accountants chambers.
  • Alusair turns her gaze down the corridor. *
    Arothir: Shen, you get to the acountant’s chambers.
    Alusair: “Well.. I guess thats that…”
    Shenvallei: “Whats what? What just happened Al?”
    Alusair: “Its a long story… and one I don’t have the will to tell.”
  • Alusair stands upright, “We’d better go.” *
    Shenvallei: “Ill take the short version, did we win?”
    Alusair: “What? Did we… laughs I don’t know, Shen.. I don’t know.”
    Shenvallei: “Yes lets go now talk later.”
    Alusair: “Kind’ve a shame.. it didn’t even say thanks.. or good-by, for that matter.”
  • Alusair heads for the portal. *
    Alusair: “Wonder if there’ll be a bar left when we get there.”
    Shenvallei: “It was such a nice tavern, the company on the other hand…”
    Arothir: You get back to the portal
    Arothir: And you notice, by the portal
    Arothir: a belt
    Arothir: with a bunch of odd pieces of metal attached
    Alusair: Investigate…
    Alusair: the belt..
    Alusair: meaning.. pick it up and look
    Shenvallei: Ah the accountant’s belt?
    Shenvallei: ””
    Arothir: Yeah
    Arothir: It’s the accountant’s belt
    Arothir: next to it is what looks to be a massive fang
    Arothir: Easily the size of a shortsword
    Shenvallei: Ill take the fang.
    Shenvallei: But not touch it with my bare hands.
    Alusair: “Hmm… interesting..”
    Alusair: “Trade you? This thing doesn’t really go with my outfit.”
  • Shenvallei shrugs “Sure, lets have a look at that belt.” *
  • Alusair passes the belt over. *
  • Shenvallei hands Al the fang wrapped in cloth *
  • Alusair opens the cloth and runs a hand over it, looking for imperfections. *
    Arothir: You check the belt, and it contains:
    Arothir: A copper rod, a blue rod with a yellow tip, a bag with a pen, a small pouch containing two platinum, a small blank scroll
    Arothir: There are no imperfections on the tooth, but it feels warm to the touch
    Shenvallei: “Shall we depart then?”
    Alusair: “Aye.. it would be best.”
    Arothir: You step into the kitchen?
    Alusair: no.. we step into the ruin of a kitchen.
    Alusair: Err…
    Alusair: yes
    Arothir: Actually
    Arothir: You step into a kitchen
    Arothir: It looks just as you left it
    Arothir: The only exception is that the pantry door is open
    Arothir: and Luna is not in sight
    Shenvallei: “Luna?”
    Arothir: No response.
    Shenvallei: Begin searching the bar for her.
  • Alusair finally re-wraps the fang, stowing it very carefully. *
    Arothir: Unfortunately, it is impossible to search the bar
    Arothir: Without closing the portal
    Alusair: Close the portal.
    Alusair: re-right the books.
    Alusair: err
    Alusair: shelf contents
    Arothir: Alright
    Alusair: whatever they are
    Arothir: Works for me.
    Arothir: The moment you do that
    Arothir: you hear a slap and some sobbing
    Alusair: “Uh oh..”
    Arothir: It came from the main bar area
    Arothir: It’s manly sobbing, nonetheless
    Alusair: Investigate.
    Arothir: but its still sobbing
    Arothir: YOU INVESTIGATE
    Shenvallei: yes quietly to spy
    Arothir: In the main bar area, a rather large, familiar, fat man is strapped down to the bar itself, wearing only pants, with numerous lacerations across his torso, tears running down his face, and a gag in his mouth. There is a man acting as bartender, pouring the occasional shot of grain alcohol onto the man’s wounds, while another man laughs near the door. A third, well dressed man in a breastplate drags a dagger lightly toe and froe across the fat man’s chest.
    Alusair: “Son of a… oh sod it, we don’t have time for this.”
    Alusair: Tap Shen
  • Shenvallei nods. *
    Alusair: [1d8+3<!- Official Roll ->] => [2,3] = (5) temporary hitpoints, +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws (AID)
    Arothir: Okay
    Arothir: So Alusair gives Shenvallei aids.
    Alusair: shitty roll
    Alusair: amen
    Alusair: can’t even trust a paladin these days
    Arothir: True.
    Arothir: Especially not one of Bast.
    Shenvallei: Thats what the +3 is for
    Arothir: :P
    Arothir: Any other actions?
    Alusair: on the contrary mate
    Arothir: They haven’t noticed you.
    Alusair: I’m immune to disease
    Alusair: :P
    Arothir: Oh, not magical Aids.
    Arothir: :P
    Alusair: pali L3
    Alusair: magical and mundane
    Alusair: :P
    Arothir: Ppsh
    Arothir: EPIC SARS
    Shenvallei: Oh hell did we level?
    Alusair: ...
    Arothir: HAPPY?!
    Alusair: PICK UP THE PPSH
    Arothir: ...yeah, end of last session
    Alusair: yeah..
    Arothir: you guys had earned enough XP to level
    Arothir: :P
  • Alusair Aids self. *
    Alusair: [1d8+3<!- Official Roll ->] => [5,3] = (8)
    Alusair: woo, 8 again!
    Arothir: I didn’t think you could give yourself aids…
    Shenvallei: oh ok Ill do it at the end of this session.
    Alusair: talent, man
    Alusair: bast worshipper, remember?
    Arothir: That’s chill
    Arothir: Yeah, yeah
    Arothir: W/e.
    Arothir: What do you guys do?
    Alusair: ask not some questions
    Alusair: Man with the knife
    Alusair: charge
    Shenvallei: How far away are they from each other?
    Arothir: They’re all fairly close.
    Shenvallei: feet wise
    Arothir: You charge.
    Arothir: Uh, ask what you’re trying to do
    Arothir: And I’ll let you know.
    Arothir: If it’s sleep, it may work
    Shenvallei: sleep
    Arothir: yeah, they’re close enough for that
    Alusair: Shen’s favorite spell
    Alusair: :P
    Arothir: lawl
    Shenvallei: Do it.
    Arothir: The most useful spell he has
    Arothir: OKAY
    Arothir: Sleep is cast
    Alusair: watch.. it’ll affect Tim
    Alusair: and thats it
    Alusair: :P
    whispering to Arothir, [4d20<!- Official Roll ->] => [10,20,10,19] = (59)
    Arothir: Tim stops sobbing
    Arothir: And the man by the door crumples in a sleepful heapful
    Arothir: Alusair is on the man with the knife like white on rice.
    Arothir: Your go, bossman.
    Shenvallei: 2d4 hd yes?
    Alusair: nah, 4
    Alusair: just 4.
    Alusair: sleep is teh suck now
    Arothir: lol
    Arothir: You say that
    Arothir: but it saved your ass multiple times
    Alusair: then again
    Alusair: at least its reliable
    Arothir: true
    Shenvallei: bah no wonder Im using the wrong book
    Shenvallei: bah sec let me get the 3.5
    Arothir: Aw fuck, 2 HD of sleeps?
    Arothir: You can use www.systemreferencedocuments.org
    Arothir: in a pinch
    Arothir: they have a searchable spellbook
    Alusair: I’m reasonably sure these guys are evil..
    Alusair: Soooo..

Return to Session Two

Return to Session Two – Part One

Continue to Session Two – Part Three

Session Two Two

Planescape Campaign RaseCidraen RaseCidraen