Planescape Campaign

Session 7 - Ysgard - The Battlefield

A flight for survival meets a fight for glory.

Arithel, Safana, The Hammerhead and The Stormtamer all make their way towards the sounds of battle, dragging Varic and Eachra behind them. They note that there are two armies fighting over some four acres of land – one emblem a white cup on a black field, the other a black hammer on a blue field. They enter the camp of the White Cup and sit with a female mercenary who tells them the lay of the land. She agrees to take them to Himinborg. On the way, they are ambushed on the road. They vanquished their foes and proceeded to interrogate the lead corpse. They manage to find their assassin’s camp, discovering that they had been quite well paid for their efforts.


Arithel: “I know that we came here to get to safety. I wonder if us merely leaving Islas will be enough for those who want us dead.”
You walk for a while, feeling rejuvenated by the cool, crisp air, and soon come across a large clearing wherein two armies are crashing into each other. Bodies are strewn about in their wake as the battle seems to be leading more heavily to your left. Behind each army, there is an encampment. On the left, a black banner with a white cup. On the right, a blue banner with a black hammer.
Stormtamer: “Could be just that… could be…”
Safana: “Seems a bit far fetched..”
Hammerhead: “I’m not too fond of armies… too many people… too much can go wrong…”
Stormtamer: “This is quite the impressive display… what are they fighting over, I wonder?”
Safana: “And its a little easy for an observor to get sucked into things..”
Safana: “Uh.. looking at things, I’d guess about.. oh.. three, four acres?”

Arithel: “Avoid them and sneak around may be best. I dont think we want to get involved in their conflict.”
Safana: “Sneak around them to what?”
Safana: “I don’t see anything to sneak to except a couple camps.”
Stormtamer: “Where are we going? I’m a bit lost when I’m not at sea… I’m afraid I’m at both of your mercy.”
Arithel: “A fair point.”
Safana: “I’m not sure I’m comfortable with the role reversal.”
Nick (Arithel): is there a road?
Not much is left of the field – most of it has been trampled and turned to mud. Any road there once was is obscured by the chaos before you.
Stormtamer: “Me neither.”

Safana: “Perhaps it’ll wind down? Or there may be people in the camps – noncombatants, rear guard…”
Hammerhead: “He never was comfortable when taking orders. I’m going to enjoy watching him squirm a bit.”
Arithel: “Camps it is then. Maybe we can at least get some answers and then get on quickly if they turn out to be hostile.”
‘Jay’ connected
Safana: “I’m not sure, but I expect we’ll be safe in the camps.. look how close they are to each other, there’s something off about this whole thing.”
Alex: Allo!
Varic Thorn: OOC : Heya all. Im a bad man, sorry im late.
Alex: No worries! I was late too!
Kiergath (Safana): so was I!
Arithel: “So we will wait then and head to the camps to discern what information they have.”
Alex: Steaming you a short recap
Safana: “Why wait? Lets just pick one and head in.”

Alex: Got it Jay?
Stormtamer: “But… who is…winning? Who are we to go see?”
Safana: “As I see it, if either side thought it was in danger of losing, their camp would be mobilizing.. Instead, they both camped in sight of each other, and now they’re just standing out there pummeling each other. I don’t think it matters which camp we go to, o reven if we go to each.”
Arithel: “Very good, let us go then.”
Arithel: Head toward the black camp
Safana: Follow.

Varic Thorn: follows
You head off to the left, towards the White cup. You find the camp to be very relaxed, despite the atmosphere of battle.
You are not challenged on your approach.
Arithel: “I wonder if they even speak common.”
Safana: “Battle indeed.. I suspect we’ve just witnessed the local equivalent of buzkashi.”
Arithel yells ahead, “Hello there! Can someone help us? We are seeking directions as we are new to this land.”
Varic Thorn: Safana, im a bit under educated…what is this bukake you speak of?
Nick (Arithel): lol
Safana eyes Varic.
Kiergath (Safana): LOL

Alex: …Varic ftw
Varic Thorn: OOC sorry, as i said, im a bad man.
Safana: “A sport involving a rather ambiguous number of horsemen, a remarkable variety of weapons, and either a small animal or someone’s head; two goals may come into things as well, but I’m not sure they’re ever really a priority.”
Varic Thorn: Oh, i see. Tribal warfare then.
Safana: “Oh! No, no, that’s much less friendly.”
Safana: “This is more.. ah.. training for such a thing.”
From down at a cooking fire, a rather slightly built woman wearing a breastplate and some pants caked with mud. She smiles at all of you, gesturing to the pot and a stack of nearby bowls, sitting near a rather large warhammer.
Arithel approaches returning the smile, “Miss can you understand me?”
She looks up at you, smiles, and gestures to the bowls near the warhammer.

Arithel carefully pours a small bowl of whatever is in the pot and nods a thank you to the woman.
Arithel: “What now? This one doesnt seem to understand.”
The Stormtamer and Hammerhead follow suit, although the Hammerhead wrinkles his nose at the smell of it.
Stormtamer: “I’d assume that she wants us to sit and eat with her..”
Varic Thorn: hrmm, i think ill wait for a review on this establishment…
Arithel sits.
Alex: Aloud?
Safana: Sit, don’t eat for the moment.
Alex: Does anyone take a bite?
Arithel: not me
Arithel: I continue looking around the camp and addressing the woman seeing if she will speak.

Witnessing nobody eating, her smile fades. She looks at each person in turn, her eyes hard.
Arithel: I pretend to take a bite while her eyes are on one of the others.
Arithel: Skill [Sleight of Hand] [1d20+3 = 13]
She grins at Arithel.
Soldier: “That’s good! I thought you were all barbarians!”
Arithel: “No no, not barbarians at all. Just travelers looking for some directions. What is that battle going on, is there a war in this land?”
Arithel eyes the soldier.

Soldier: “A war? This is… an annoyance. Those bastards ambushed us on our way home…”
Soldier: “I’ve not seen a proper war in ages.”
Arithel: “So this land is controlled by your kingdom then? Do tell we wish to learn.”
Soldier: “My kingdom? Hardly… I’m but a humble mercenary. They’ve bought a month of my time, out trying to lay siege to the Hall of the Valiant. My contract’s up, so I’m on my way home, much like the lot of these luckless ones.”
Soldier: “No, there are conflicts here greater than any I’ve seen before. Mostly when the fire giants of Muspelheim start to invade… then… well… I’ve never seen anyone burned alive before that happened.”
Nick (Arithel): Have we heard of the Hall of the Valient?

Alex: Roll knowledge (planes) if you have it.
Arithel: Skill [Knowledge (The Planes)] [1d20+14 = 21]
You vaguely remember that the Hall houses Kord the Brawler, a place with a never ending banquet, where fighting is as commonplace as the revelry.
Nick (Arithel): is Kord the Brawler some sort of resident diety here?
Soldier: “I’m trying to get back to Himinborg to find some new employment.”
Indeed, Kord is the diety of the strong and courageous.
Arithel: “What kind of jobs do you take? And are there any openings for new recruits?”

Soldier: “There is always room for more mercenaries in Himinborg… I take anything where people need protection, really. I took the gig against Kord because they were bringing in some offplane mages, but they failed miserably.”
Varic Thorn: “Off plane mages?”
Arithel: “Himinborg you say… people needing protection you say?…”
Soldier: “Yes… my employer brought in a whole army of mages from some Prime world… That and a bunch of strange lizard fodder… the mages fell like wheat before a scythe despite our best efforts.”

Arithel looks at the rest of the party, “What do you all think?”
Safana: “I don’t know what my friend is getting at, but I doubt we’re in any position to hire out as mercenaries. We do however need either a place to lay low, or someone who knows their way around this place.”
Soldier: “A shame… I suppose I could provide both of those for you, for a price. How long are you planning on staying?”
Safana: “That’s a marvelous question, actually. I’m not sure we stopped long enough to plan anything out. Rather somewhat distracted by the large number of people bent on killing us.”
Soldier: “…there are people trying to kill you?”
Safana: “Sort’ve. Mostly him.”
Safana points at Bart.
The Stormtamer flashes a weak grin, then glares at Safana playfully.
Hammerhead: “Not without reason, too. He can be a right proper bastard when he wants to be.”

Safana: “I do however agree in one aspect, this Himinborg – a city, I assume? – seems like as good a place for us to head for now as any.”
Soldier: “Indeed… the largest population center on all of Ysgard, if you don’t count being dead a center of population.”
Arithel: “Who was your employer for this job if I may ask?”
Soldier: “There were two of them… one was quiet… kind of removed. I think he had wings? I only saw them from a distance. I was hired through a recruiter in Himinborg.”

Arithel: “I see.”
Safana: “Two of them. One with wings.”
Varic Thorn: “does it matter?”
Varic Thorn: “I say we head for his himburg and get ourselves something to drink.”
Safana: “Wisdom.”
Arithel: “Agreed.”
Soldier: “This battle is going to be a while… did you want to bed down here for the night, and then I can take you in the morning?”
Arithel: “How far is it, and would it be advisable for us to travel there alone now?”
Arithel: “If not we will stay.”

She shrugs, a lock of her black hair falling away from her neck, revealing a strange looking birthmark – it seems to be an upward facing arrow with an eye in the center of it. The mark on her neck stands out starkly against her red tinted skin. “Is any place truely safe to travel to? We can go at any time… the danger will remain the same. It’s maybe a day’s walk from here.”
Safana: “Now or the morning, it matters not to me.”
She shrugs. “Likewise to me. I have not been fighting this week, so I am plenty rested.”
Nick (Arithel): any of us recognize the birthmark?
Alex: Another Planes knowledge if you try to recall.
Arithel: Skill [Knowledge (The Planes)] [1d20+14 = 27]

Arithel, you recall seeing the symbol before – it is the symbol of Carceri – the Prison of the lower planes.
Arithel: “Now works for me, are all of you ready to depart?”
Varic Thorn: “im always ready….for love.”
Soldier: “I’ll need a moment to pack.”
Varic Thorn: “and travel!”
Nearby Soldier: “FOR LOVE!”
Arithel: “Take your time, we have some things to discuss.”
Varic Thorn: “Good man!”
Safana blinks, “How does he do that?”

The woman slips back into her tent. Sounds of packing ensue.
Arithel whispers to the party, “Strange lizard creatures?, two employers?, one with wings?, it could be that heaven and hell group you were talking about earlier Bartholomew.”
Safana: “My thoughts, yes.”
Arithel: “If so, are they the ones that could be out for your death?”
Safana: “Highly probable, since it was Heaven and Hell’s ship that attacked us.”
Stormtamer: “I fear that may be the case.”
Arithel: “Good so we have someone that knows where they are. We can confront them there if they are still in the city.”
Safana: “We do? She said she hardly ever even saw them.”
Safana: “Besides which, if they were hired to lead this army to lay siege to Kord.. wouldn’t they more likely be right nearby?”
Safana: “Unless, that is, the army has already begun to disperse.”
Arithel: “She said she saw them from a distance, thats a good place to start asking around.”

Varic Thorn: “All of this hurts my head……..”
Varic Thorn: “Ill put my faith in you all to make the right move here.”
Arithel: “Lets just go and if asked our names dont give our real one.”
Safana peers at Arithel.
Arithel I hope I said that quietly.
Nick (Arithel): ooc that is.
Arithel: Wait for the soldier and then depart.
The Soldier slips out of her tent, a sword and shield in tow, a pack on her back. “I’m all set – are you?”
Safana: “We didn’t have a chance to unpack, really.”

GM: She looks at each of you, then smiles. “Well, if I’m going to be leading you to Himinborg, you might as well not be calling me ‘Hey You’. My name is Meich.”
She looks at each of you, then smiles. “Well, if I’m going to be leading you to Himinborg, you might as well not be calling me ‘Hey You’. My name is Meich.”
She begins heading off towards the other camp, taking the long way around the melee.
Safana smiles back, “Saf. I don’t know what they’re going to tell you their names are, so I’ll let them introduce themselves.”
Safana: Stay abreast of our guide.
Arithel: “Well met Meich.”

Varic Thorn: “I am Varic, champion of nothing in particular”
Safana: “Except love, I hear.”
You manage to skirt the battle, only coming close a few times. A few hours pass and you’re a fair way through the forest on a path.
Varic Thorn: “Forgot about htat.”
Safana: “Beautiful place, not least of all because you can step off the path and not drop into a bottomless ocean.”
Meich: “So you all used to be sailors?”
Safana: “Sailor is so… dull.”
Safana: “I prefer corsair.”
Varic Thorn: “i have been many things. Most of them are unworthy of rememberance however.”

Meich: “Fair enough. I suppose it’s better than mercenary work.”
Listen checks!
Safana: “The pay is less regular.”
Safana: Skill [Listen] [1d20+10 = 15]
Arithel: Skill [Listen] [1d20+5 = 11]
Alex: Varic?
Varic Thorn: OOC : Sorry had to go afk for a se cond
Varic Thorn: [1d20 = 18]
Varic Thorn: +0

Varic – you hear a snapping branch from your left.
Varic Thorn: swings to his left, drawing his greatsword.
Varic, you see a group of five armored footmen, armed with spears.
Varic Thorn: “Stand where you are strangers.”
All: You see them
Safana ducks to put Meich between her and the spearmen and unwraps the sling from her arm.
The footmen stand where they are, twenty feet off to the side, spears levelled at you.

Varic Thorn: “state your intentions or be prepared to do battle.”
Arithel moves next to Safana.
Varic – from their appearance, they seem to be prepared for battle already.
Varic Thorn: OOC : im unsure of how to role initiative..
Kiergath (Safana): main page of your char sheet, click the “mini” button under ranged attack.
Kiergath (Safana): ought to be on the panel that pops up
Nick (Arithel): what Morgan said.
Varic Thorn gotcha
Initiative!
Safana: Initiative [1d20+4 = 16]
Arithel: Initiative [1d20+3 = 13]
GM: [1d20 = 6]
GM: [1d20 = 7]
Varic Thorn: Initiative [1d20+7 = 11]
Safana
Safana: Nothin’, you said they weren’t approaching.

Arithel
Arithel: Target Varic Thorn
Arithel: Spell [Haste] → One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
Varic Thorn
Varic Thorn: charges the nearest one and
Varic Thorn: OOC : again not sure how to roll a special attack
Nick (Arithel): you have to set them up on your combat tab, so go there and hit the mini button if you set it up
Varic Thorn: I have
Nick (Arithel): good

Varic Thorn: but i see no button to roll it in the mini window
Kiergath (Safana): the buttons for attack rolls are actually underneath the numbers.
Nick (Arithel): its that tiny one under the numbers
Kiergath (Safana): lil’ checkmark under the box
Varic Thorn: OOC : isee vvery sorry
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Blow (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [1d20+16 = 36]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Blow (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Blow (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 29]
Alex: No worries.
Alex: Damages?
GM: [1d20 = 14]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Blow (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Damage) [6d6+5 = 26]
Varic Thorn: Occ; Ugh i did the damage wrong i guess. didnt add in the melee portion
Varic Thorn: the above is just the eldricth blast poirtion
Nick (Arithel): roll it seperate if you want
Varic Thorn: [1d10 = 5]
Varic Thorn: +7
Varic charges in, slashing upwards, casting a dark shadow behind his blade. The blow connects with the man’s head, knocking him backwards. He screams and clutches at his eyes, dropping his spear.
GM: [1d20 = 18]
Meich leaps forward, rushing a second soldier. She gets inside his spear and slams him with his shield, knocking him onto the ground.
GM: [3d20 = 36]

GM: [1d8 = 8]
Three remaining soldiers stab out with their spears. One of them slices his upper thigh painfully.
Safana
Safana: um… hmm…
Safana: W/e, sing, Inspire Courage, +2 morale bonus on saves against charm and fear, attack rolls, damage rolls, NEXT!
Arithel
Alex: Very neat.
Arithel: Target Meiche
Arithel: Spell [Haste] → One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
Arithel: done

Varic Thorn
Varic Thorn: holds his greatsword in his left hand while summoning fporth a shadowy black whip and attacks
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [1d20+12 = 16]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 2) [1d20+7 = 26]
Varic Thorn: +3 from buffs
Varic’s whip lashes out, wrapping around another soldier’s eyes, causing him to bellow in pain.
GM: Damage?
Varic Thorn: two rolls?
Varic Thorn: or one
Varic Thorn: ie, did both attacks hit.
GM: One roll
GM: Second hit
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Damage) [4d6 = 10]
Nick (Arithel): both probably, you also get another attack from haste I think.

Varic Thorn: well, le tme know if i do, ill make a third attack roll.
Kiergath (Safana): haste grants an extra attack, yes.
Nick (Arithel): if its a melee attack you indeed do.
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 2) [1d20+7 = 8]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 2) [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [1d20+12 = 31]
GM: Two hits.
GM: Damage?
Varic Thorn: crap ignore the second roll
Varic Thorn: i should only get one
Kiergath (Safana): actually, ignore the first roll
Varic Thorn: which will miss
Kiergath (Safana): the second roll is the stats for attack #1
Nick (Arithel): its the plus 12 one, morgan is correct.
Varic Thorn: gotcha, im sorry this is not more organic, still figuring the system out
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Whip (save vs fort or blinded 1 round) (Damage) [4d6 = 14]
Kiergath (Safana): take your time, it took us awhile :)
Alex: Hahha…no worries
The whip lashes out and almost removes one of the soldier’s heads.
GM: [3d20 = 43]
Meich slashes out with her sword twice, only making one solid connection, then batters one of the soldiers with her shield.
GM: [2d20 = 20]
GM: [1d8 = 2]
One of the soldiers scores a minor wound against Meich.
Safana
Kiergath (Safana): la.. how many still up and on who?

GM: One up, facing Varic, Two facing Meich
Kiergath (Safana): One of Meich’s wounded?
Kiergath (Safana): I would assume so.
Alex: Indeed.
Safana stops singing and casts a spell, sending a beam of blinding white light from her palm at the injured target.
Safana: Armored? Metal?
Safana: heat damage, discount the last 2d4 if not metal armor. [8d4 = 20]
Kiergath (Safana): 20 or 16.
The man screams in pain as his armor heats up, scorching his skin. He drops to the ground likee a stone.
Arithel
Arithel: Target one of the remaining soldiers
Kiergath (Safana): * bonus from bardic music is still in effect *
Arithel: Spell [Ray Of Enfeeblement] → Ray deals 1d6 1 per two levels Str damage.
Arithel: Ray of Enfeeblement Attack (Attack 1) [1d207 = 25]
Arithel: Ray of Enfeeblement Attack (Damage) [1d6+4 = 6]
Arithel: str damage

The remaining soldier looks quite fatigued.
Varic Thorn
Varic Thorn: Sends out a black spear at the remaining soldier
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Spear (save on fort or blinded 1 round) (Attack 1) [1d20+11 = 24]
GM: That’ll hit.
Varic Thorn: Beshadowed Spear (save on fort or blinded 1 round) (Damage) [4d6 = 18]
The final soldier dies gasping with a dark spear slowly dissapating in his chest.
Safana: “Do people normally just attack for no reason out here?”
Arithel: “Meiche, who were they?”
Meich: “…I wish I knew. I’ve not seen them before. They’re not attached to a mercenary company. Battle is common here, but usually you can see it coming.”

GM: Varic, you feel your wound getting better as seconds go by.
Arithel goes about the grisly task of searching the bodies for clues.
Safana: Go about the grisly task of making sure they’re dead.
Varic Thorn goes about the grizzly task of taking a swig from his wine skin.
Kiergath (Safana): We’re a very grisly, grizzled bunch.
Nick (Arithel): but Varic does so like a bear.
Safana: “Do we want to interrogate any of our friends, here?”
There is one man left alive.

Safana: ..oh.
Arithel: “We need answers.”
Kiergath (Safana): Is he conscious?
Alex: Sorry – misread what morgan had said.
There is no man left alive.
Kiergath (Safana): thanks.
You check the corpses for clues – there is a hundred fifty gold on them, and a note in some rather angelic script. “Do not come back until B is dead.”
Safana points at the one who had the note, “Their leader, do you think?”
Arithel: “It would make sense.”
Safana: “Excellent! He’ll do, then. We’ll have.. oh.. four questions. Any suggestions, anyone?”

Safana: “Other than ‘Who hired you’, that’s a given.”
Arithel: “Who all were you hired to kill?”
Safana: “I can predict how that’ll turn out – ‘B’.”
Arithel: “Where are you to return to when complete?”
Safana: “Ah, good one!”
Arithel: “True but at least we will know its just him they are after.”
Safana: " ’ Who were you after other than ‘B’ “
”color:#000054;">Safana: “Where were you to return to… Who hired you..”
Safana: “One more, gents. Anyone? Bart?”
Arithel: “I cant think of anything.”
Varic Thorn: “me either”
Stormtamer: “…we could always find out who their children were.”
Safana: “Without using more than one question on it, it would be difficult to get anything meaningful on that route.”
Safana: “I’d have to use a second spell on one of the others.”

Hammerhead: “Why not ask them where they’ve hid their equipment? They’ve just got armor and weapons… and armored that heavily, they had to be camped somewhere.”
Safana blows the Hammerhead a kiss, “There’s that practicality I’ve come to adore. Of course.”
Safana sits down next to the corpse and begins the ten minute annoyance that is casting Speak With Dead.
Arithel collects the 150 gold, we will divide this later once we reach safety if that is suitable.
The minutes fly by!
Safana: and….

Alex: What’s your first question?
Safana: “Who hired you to assassinate ‘B’?”
Corpse: “Angels and devils..”
Safana: “Who were you after other than ‘B’?”
Corpse: “The angels of beside him…”

Safana blinks rapidly, somewhat confused.
Arithel: “What an odd response.
”color:#4f4366;">Arithel: “
”color:#000054;">Safana: "What place were you to return to after killing ‘B’? “
”color:#660000;">Corpse: “Back to the island in the middle of the sea…”
Safana: “Shite.”
Safana: “Where is your base camp?”
Corpse: “Back behind the trees… simple to find, follow the breeze…”
With that, the remaining air escapes from the corpse and it falls silent.
Safana spits and makes what is very obviously some sort of religious sign, “Take your riddles and go back to whatever abyss awaits you.”
Safana: “The dead may not lie, but they’re not particularly healthy bashers either, are they?”
Kiergath (Safana): …helpful, even*
Kiergath (Safana): jesus
Alex: They don’t need health either :P

Safana: “So chances are they weren’t just after Bart, and while I’d like to believe the ‘angel’ beside him would be me, I’m not quite that vain. Usually.”
Hammerhead snorts.
Safana: “And it sounds like after the job they were due to return to Islas, and their camp is.. uh.. breezeward.”
Arithel: “Lets find the camp at least, and burn the dead, even they deserve that much.”
Safana: “Why? The spirits have fled, why deny the wildlife the meal?”
You did notice that there is a fairly constant breeze blowing back towards where the men were coming from.
Arithel: Stack the bodies and set them afire.
Safana: uh
Safana: don’t let him
Safana: start a fire
Safana: “Arithel, we are in the middle of a forest. We also aren’t going to be here long enough for the bodies to be completely burned.”
Safana: “Do you really want to burn the entire forest down around us?”

Nick (Arithel): I didnt envision that many trees around.
Kiergath (Safana): uh, forest.
Kiergath (Safana): iirc
Kiergath (Safana): and even if the trees aren’t dense, underbrush will burn and spread it, and I personally have no idea how wet its been lately here, having just arrived .
Alex: It’s fairly dry.
Nick (Arithel): how long will it take to burn the bodies if someone stays and watches that the fire doesnt spread? an hour?
It takes longer than an hour for a single log to burn. Lets just say that the ship you torched is still blazing merrily.

Arithel kneels before the bodies, “Your life has ended, I hope that your spirits can find salvation, though it was by our hand that you met your demise it was your choice, find wisdom in death if you can. I am sorry.”
Arithel: head towards the camp.
You wander about for a minute before, just beyond the trees, you see a small encampment with two pack mules, a wagon, and five tents. A fire is still going in a firepit.
Arithel pats the mules.
Kiergath (Safana): inspect the tents.
Safana: “Pretty posh for grunts, a tent each?”

Each of the tents has a chamberpot, a soft bedroll, a few changes of clothes, and a longsword and shield.
Safana: “Ye Gods, these were not mercenaries, they were nobleborn children playing at soldiering. No wonder they failed.”
Stormtamer: “At least we were worth sending some nobles after, eh?”
Arithel: “Or well paid.”
Varic Thorn: “Id think well paid is more likely.”

Safana: “Well paid and foolish, to bring such trappings on campaign. The luxuries of the cities do nothing but weaken their inhabitants.”
Alex: Speaking of being weak – my laptop’s battery is weak, and apparently so is my need for sleep. Shall we call it a night?
Kiergath (Safana): sure, this seems like a good place to camp in any case, they even left the fire on .
Nick (Arithel): yes
Alright… RECAP!



Arithel, Safana, The Hammerhead and The Stormtamer all make their way towards the sounds of battle, dragging Varic and Eachra behind them. They note that there are two armies fighting over some four acres of land – one emblem a white cup on a black field, the other a black hammer on a blue field. They enter the camp of the White Cup and sit with a female mercenary who tells them the lay of the land. She agrees to take them to Himinborg. On the way, they are ambushed on the road. They vanquished their foes and proceeded to interrogate the lead corpse. They manage to find their assassin’s camp, discovering that they had been quite well paid for their efforts.


Return to Gaming Sessions

Comments

Rase Cidraen Rase Cidraen

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.