Session 14 - Farport - Farport Dealings

Nick (Arithel): heya
Nick (Arithel): good to be back on the plane of water
Nick (Arithel): Im semi afk till douglet arrives
GM: sure thing
‘Sanjinn’ connected
Sanjinn (Eachra): Dont have the dude on the laptop install
Alex: …you dont need the dude
Alex: The dude is hosted on my end
Eachra: he did not show on the list
Alex: You had the wrong name
Eachra: ah
Kiergath (Safana): eyup
Alex: You need to log in as Sanjinn
Alex: Or ask me to free it for you
Eachra: brb
Alex: And I can release it
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
‘Sanjinn’ connected
Kiergath (Safana): Sigh… he just left to relog as Sanjinn, didn’t he?
Sanjinn (Eachra): I was in as Sanjinn…
Kiergath (Safana): Afk… seeking munchies. Back in a minute.
RECAP OF SESSION 13 – Let me know when We kick things off.
Sanjinn (Eachra): Must be Doug on the Desktop then
Alex: …I meant from before.
Alex: yes
Sanjinn (Eachra): Can you release, please
Campaign saved.
‘Doug’ connected
‘Doug’ disconnected
Sanjinn (Eachra): also can you get me a doc or something that explains what folders need to be where etc again, please Alex :)
Alex: what am I releasing?
Sanjinn (Eachra): The Dude so I can log him on too, please.
Alex: There
Alex: i think
Sanjinn (Eachra): Thank you
Eachra: nope
Alex: uh
Alex: Win7
Sanjinn (Eachra): Him not there
Alex: C:\Users\Douglet\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\data
Kiergath (Safana): idk, I see him on my list Doug; check again, he’s on the bottom of mine
Alex: yes he is
Kiergath (Safana): sometimes it takes a moment for it to show up
Sanjinn (Eachra): Just have new haracter creation
Kiergath (Safana): weird
Alex: how about now?
Eachra: I am curesed
Eachra: nope
Kiergath (Safana): well, yeah, but this isn’t the effect I was aiming for when I paid off that witch doctor….
Sanjinn (Eachra): sigh
Alex: …okay, doug?
Alex: Log out
Alex: Join this server
Eachra: k
GM: same laptop
Campaign saved.
GM: or w/e
Alex: as Doug
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
‘Sanjinn’ connected
Kiergath (Viresse): You know, I miss Viresse as much or more than Eryn :P
Alex: A.) What do you see
Alex: lol
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
‘Sanjinn’ connected
‘Doug’ connected
Alex: what do you see doug?
Kiergath (Viresse): he’s not on, he’s retrieving.
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): wow, this is all kinds of effed up
Alex: yes
Alex: SO
The group of adventurers are summoned to see Bartholomew, who reveals to them an impossible demand – that those known as A+D, theoretically the names of Heaven and Hell, want the Stormtamer’s daughter in exchange for the Farport, a fleshtrader’s city. Faced with an impossible demand, they set off as quick as they can to Farport, taking a blind ratman’s ship, along with a new companion, Masud. On the way, they are accosted by two strange looking dolphins that wail a melancholy tune, but they slowly dissapear when Safana begins to sing back to them. They are set upon by two giant squid creatures, which they dispatch easily, with no small assistance from Arithel. Their captain, K’zinn, falls prey to the squid’s acid, leaving them stranded a few hundred feet away from the port. They go drinking and attend a slave auction after teleporting ashore. Eachra ends up buying a Faerunian harlot for a considerable sum of gold. Safana pays off the bartender to spread the rumor that they are in town and ‘not looking’ to be found. They hole up in a cheap palatial inn outside the central auction block, waiting for their prey to find them.
Alex: Wahey it worked
Sanjinn (Masud): Finally
‘Doug’ disconnected
Alex: let I know when you are ready to move on
Kiergath (Safana): k
Sanjinn (Masud): Xfire me that “address again Alex, please. While we play I will get the shit reset up on the desktop
”“color:#005500;”">Sanjinn (Masud): I have the HDD’s from the old Vista PC, I will pull stuff from
Campaign saved.
The rooms are comfortable, with each of you having your own suite of three rooms connected to the main living area. The beds are made of the finest down and it’s hard not to fall asleep when touching them.
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
Kiergath (Safana): wuddafuk?
‘Sanjinn’ connected
The rooms are comfortable, with each of you having your own suite of three rooms connected to the main living area. The beds are made of the finest down and it’s hard not to fall asleep when touching them.
Arithel: What time of day is it?
GM: It is now morning, as the faery of time-advancement has come upon you all.
Kiergath (Safana): I hate fairies.
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): Can I pull the wings off mine after I’m awake?
Sanjinn (Eachra): I take advantage of the time to “work” on setting my new companion urges.
Arithel heads to the main living area to discuss our plan.
Kiergath (Safana): ….LOL
Sanjinn (Eachra): setteling*
Kiergath (Safana): oh, lord
Kiergath (Safana): My bedchamber doesn’t share a wall with Eachra at all, right?
There are at least four rooms between you. You do not hear the urges being settled.
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
Arithel: Resetting Wizard Powers
Arithel: Resetting Sorcerer Powers
‘Sanjinn’ connected
Alex: wb
There are at least four rooms between you. You do not hear the urges being settled.
When you arrive in the living room, you find that a lavish breakfast has been set out for you – porridges steaming, roast quail, dolphin, swordfish…
Arithel: “Why such luxury…”
Sanjinn (Eachra): thanks
Campaign saved.
Meich: “This city is very decadent…. full of… overindulgence.”
Sanjinn (Eachra): I hope we do share a wall :P
From the open archway to the balcony you hear the bustle of the largest auction block in the city preparing for business.
Arithel: “Clearly. And lacking in morality as well. Some feast while most others starve.”
Meich looks somewhat ashamed as she has just sat down with a whole roast quail.
‘Doug’ connected
Safana pats Meich on the shoulder, “Worry not; it is not in our power to aid everyone, and we do no-one a service by forsaking such a bounty.”
Meich: “The food will be ruined if we do not eat it..”
Safana: “Exactly.”
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
Arithel: “True, I will gather up what we do not eat and see if I can find any in need later.”
‘Sanjinn’ connected
Kiergath (Safana): hang on
Kiergath (Safana): Doug’s crashing every four or five minutes here
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): maybe five or six minutes.
Kiergath (Safana): .
Sanjinn (Eachra): this freaking sucks ass
Kiergath (Safana): bloody weird, too
Alex: I dunno what you did man
Eachra: have not done shit, have not been home to do it
Kiergath (Safana): thats the weird part; nothing he did should have done this
Kiergath (Safana): last time he played with us, there were the issues with the books, but that was about it
Sanjinn (Eachra): correct
Sanjinn (Eachra): I am seeing if I can get it going on the desktop
Alex: Hm.
Alex: Sure
Eachra: If it will get past the fire retreive
Eachra: file
Meich: “I’m pretty hungry… I don’t know how much there will be left.”
Eachra: fire is about what I am ready to do to the damn thing
Kiergath (Safana): no, no, nice compy, no burninate
You hear the first auction of the day – a large three masted cargo ship.
‘Doug’ disconnected
Safana: “A shame it had not occurred to me to view this as a business trip; I could have asked the Stormtamer for funds, if such an opportunity arose..”
Arithel takes a plate of food over to the window and watches the auction.
Sanjinn (Eachra): I am even wired in, not on wireless
Kiergath (Safana): and for some reason the desktop can’t get past the Retrieving stage?
Alex: that’s odd
‘Sanjinn’ disconnected
Alex: did you run the regi
Campaign saved.
Nick (Arithel): afk 1 min
Nick (Arithel): k
‘Doug’ connected
Campaign saved.
Alex: you there yet doug?
The auction is fairly lively this early in the morning, and the boat goes for a mere 6,000 dinars, to the applause of the gathered masses. The next item on the shopping block is a set of six identical looking scimitars.
‘Doug’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
Safana: “Impressive display, at least.. for the price, I wish I’d bid on the ship.”
Arithel: Keep an eye on the bidders, see if any might possibly be A+D.
Safana: “I haven’t the funds on me, but one never knows what can be arranged..”
Arithel: “Hmm I actually havent done a count myself of what I have. Maybe we could pool our funds and get a bargain on something.”
Arithel: “I have 614 Dinars.”
Safana: “A respectable sum. But unlikely to go far in ships.”
‘Doug’ connected
Arithel nods.
You see a few strange creatures in the bidding: One very beautiful, very obese elven woman. One massive looking barbed devil. A shimmering creature that seems to made entirely of wisps of clouds.
Kiergath (Safana): …A beautiful, obese elf?
Alex: Yes.
The bidding for the swords closes up at 15,000 dinars.
The next auction opens up a model ship, made of pure jade.
Kiergath (Safana): Are we talking classically beautiful but now considered overweight in today’s stick-thin culture, or is she a whale with a nice face?
Alex: B
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): K, you understand the confusion.
Arithel: Are we too far away to be heard if we wanted to bid?
Alex: You can bid from the balcony – it seems that’s what it is designed for, as there is a marble mouthpiece built into it.
Safana: “A jade model of a ship? Its pretty, but not much use..”
Arithel: “Would make a nice souveneir for Bartholomew.”
Safana: “I don’t have the budget to buy souvenirs for those with a higher pay grade.”
Safana: “Certainly not when the souvenir is made of solid jade!”
Arithel: “Ah is jade an expensive stone?”
Arithel: “I have no training in minerology.”
Safana: “It is considered precious most places, yes.”
‘Doug’ disconnected
Arithel: “I see. Well whoever buys it then will likely be one who commands a great deal of coin.”
Safana: “Perhaps a nice robe, perhaps with a quaint message embroidered upon the back.”
The auction closes with a sale of 600 dirhams.
Campaign saved.
Nick (Arithel): dirham = silver?
Alex: Yes.
Safana: “Lower than I would have anticipated.”
Arithel: “Indeed.”
The next auction up: a cadre of twelve clay golems, sworn to obey any command given to them by their master, armed with wicked looking weapons.
Arithel: “Such loyal guards would be invaluable to providing security.”
Safana: “Now we see where the money can be found..”
Arithel listens for the first bid.
The first bid is for 500 dinars.
Arithel: “This may be a once in a lifetime chance.”
Campaign saved.
Arithel moves to the marble mouthpiece and shouts into it, “600!”
The crowd lets up a cheer, and the bidding drives up to 650.
Arithel: “… was worth a shot.”
Safana: “It was unfortunately inevitable; a first bid that high…”
The price quickly climbs to 1000
Campaign saved.
Safana: “It makes me wonder if there’s more to this place than our initial assessment may have indicated.”
Arithel: “What do you mean?”
The bidding for the golems finishes up for 20,000 after a quick round of bidding.
Safana: “The slave auction was fairly low key; so far in this, we have had a ship, a set of blades, fine art and a company of magical constructs.”
Next up on the auction block: A golden lyre.
Safana looks on with somewhat renewed interest.
Bidding opens at 50dinars.
Safana: “Fascinating, but.. not something I’d normally use.”
Arithel looks over at Safana.
Arithel: “100!”
Nick (Arithel): ^ into the speaker.
Campaign saved.
The bid rings out loud and clear, and the gavel slams down, ending the auction.
The Lyre dissapears from the block. Moments later, there is a knock at the door.
Safana is sitting there somewhat speechless, blinking in confusion in sort’ve a “What just happened?” fashion.
Meanwhile, a new auction has begun: What appears to be a long uncut branch, called “sapient pearwood.”
Arithel silently heads towards the door.
Arithel opens the door cautiously.
There is a short, red tinged man with slicked black hair. His forked tongue flicks in and out of his mouth – he holds a Lyre on a platter. “Your payment, please.”
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “Yes, one moment.”
Arithel pays the man 100 dinars plus a 3 dinar tip.
The man smiles, bows and leaves.
Arithel walks back over to the window, “A token of friendship Miss Safana.”
Arithel holds out the gold lyre.
‘Doug’ connected
Doug (Eachra): OK, do see the dude but I now see Shena, again…
Safana looks at it, then at Arithel, “But.. I.. it.. but.. thank you?”
Kiergath (Safana): You don’t see the dude cos he belongs to Sanjinn. Give alex a sec to reset it.
Kiergath (Safana): Unless he already did, in which case we got probs.
Alex: there
Campaign saved.
Alex: I reset it
Eachra: thanks, lets see if it appears for me or if I have to load on Sanjinn…
Alex: you wont have to
Doug (Eachra): Has not popped up yet
Alex: I would say just relog as Doug
Kiergath (Safana): makes no pissing sense, I see it on my list :-/
Doug (Eachra): make sure you give that witch dr a bonus Morgan.. he did a good job
Kiergath (Safana): Yeah; relog same name…
‘Doug’ disconnected
‘Doug’ connected
Kiergath (Safana): thats two!
Doug (Eachra): Ok can ya have the curse removed, please, thx…
Alex: indeed
Alex: OKAY
Kiergath (Safana): I lost his number >.<
The next auction on the block is a massive keg of wine, recently recovered from a thousand year old shipwreck.
Safana is too busy fiddling with the lyre.
Safana: Skill [Perform (String Instruments)] [1d20+20 = 40]
Kiergath (Safana): …oops?
Campaign saved.
Safana begins playing the Lyre and the sound brings a tear to everyone’s eye – the auction grinds to a halt, and Meich actually has to excuse herself as she is overwhelmed with emotion.
Masud casualy walks into the room, sits back in a corner and signals for a serving girl.
Leei rushes over to serve Masud anything he desires.
Masud beams a smile at Leei. “Wine, please and something to break my fast.”
Doug (Masud): Leei a female and what does she look like if she is a female?
Kiergath (Safana): Leei is Eachra’s pet.
Doug (Masud): Oh
Kiergath (Safana): She is a walking elven wet dream
Doug (Masud): Arnt they busy still?
Kiergath (Safana): Its been awhile.
Kiergath (Safana): She may have worn Eachra out by now and be looking for a new victim.
Doug (Masud): Umm.. well Eachra is umm.. new at this whole thing and needs practice… she knows some refreshment spells to aid in stamina…
Kiergath (Safana): Exactly, she’s new to dealing with a raving nymphomaniac with a lifetime’s experience; she’s probably out cold. :P
Doug (Masud): :P
Alex: LOL
Campaign saved.
Lets just say that Leei whets Masud’s whistle.
Safana: “Ten thousand dinars well spent indeed…”
Doug (Masud): I will let her sit in my lap while we watch the auction…
From the Auction Block: “Next up, the painting, the Storm’s Daughter!”
Safana almost drops the lyre as she darts to the rail.
Masud sits up almost dumping Leei out of his lap, but nimbly retains his hold. Listen intently auctioneer.
The auctioneer has the painting brought out – it’s small, no larger than Safana’s head, but details the most exquisite looking female face you’ve ever set eyes on.
Kiergath (Safana): Doubtful, Saf owns a mirror.
Nick (Arithel): lol
It looks to be some sort of water nymph.
Safana: “Storm’s Daughter? That can’t be a coincidence..”
Eachra comes stumbling out of her room, hair all amuss, face flushed & clothes bedraggeled.
Arithel: “So this is what they meant.”
Campaign saved.
Leei: grabs at Masud. “Hey, eyes over here buster.”
Eachra: “What was that sweet thang? Spank you for being naughty? Maybe later, we may have business to attend to. /em beams a smile at her
”“color:#000054;”">Safana: “Eachra, you look like hell.”

Masud looks at Eachra “umm.. her or me?”
The Auction bidding is lively… the fat woman seems to be holding her own, despite having retainers holding her up.
Leei shrugs and walks off to one of the suites. “Why choose one?”
Safana: “You are both missing the point; they are selling something they just called the Storm’s Daughter; and Stormtamer was supposed to deliver HIS daughter here.”
GM: She dissapears behind a set of doors.
The bidding has reached 50,000 Dinars.
Eachra looks at Safana “Wait, what? His daughter is a paiting?”
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “It may be, it is too coincidental.”
Safana: “Stormtamer has no actual daughters, so far as I am aware of.”
Safana: “That was the entire problem, the demand made no sense.”
Masud: “So the painting is what they want then, why? It is just a pretty face. Whats so special about that one?”
Arithel: “And now with the bidding reaching 50,000 its additionally an impossible demand.”
Safana: “Not so..”
Arithel: “Wait, let us remember the demand, was it actually for ’Stomtamer’s daughter’?
”“color:#000088;”">Arithel what was the exact demand Gm?
Nick (Arithel):
Alex: Give me an int check
Arithel: Intelligence check [1d20+4 = 15]
Masud: “Well I could train the fat thing, kill her and her boys an then take it from her dead sausage like fingers”
Masud: trail*
Safana: “With that much money, I doubt her guards would be susceptable to such things.”
Masud: “You could entertain them with that magical voice of yours while I run her though, or if you want to avoid my fouling my blade in that filth then I can just pinch it from her while she is overwhelmed by the magic that you are. /beams a smaile at Safana
”“color:#660066;”">Campaign saved.

GM: Arithel, it was clearly the Stormtamer’s daughter being bargained for.
Safana smiles slightly at the praise, though her overall expression darkens somewhat, “If we were sure this was our target, or even if we could believe it was bait for us, we could simply place an outlandish bid and seize it when it was brought for payment.”
Safana: “More likely, we could attempt to seize it where-ever they arranged to make the exchange.”
The bid is approaching 200,000 dinars.
Masud Winks at Safana “Yes but that deprives me of getting to her your wonderful voice while I work.” /em lets out a dramitic sigh and a quick smile. “Selfish arnt I?”
Safana: “A little, but I won’t hold it against you.”
Safana: “Arithel, your thoughts? You’ve been oddly quiet.”
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “I do not like the idea of stealing this item in order to meet the threatening demands of our enemies. I would suggest an alternate plan though a simple and effective one eludes me.”
Safana: “The item is likely stolen anyway.”
Arithel: “That is a convenient rationalization. It is valuable and obvously very valuable to A+D. What if we were to have a counterfeit made?”
Safana: “In.. less than a day?”
Masud: “Maybe once they start blowing the town up, she will drop it in her haste to flee and we can aquire it then. Give it to the people and then we lose only half the town maybe 3/4th.”
Arithel: “I do not know. This is quite a bind.”
Masud: “Why are we saving this place anyway? Would are time not be better servered waiting for them to attack and while they are distracted attack them?”
Doug (Masud): our
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “It was by my memory, clearly the Stormtamer’s daughter being bargained for.”
Safana: “Perhaps, then, you think we are getting excited over a false alarm?”
Masud: “so were back to the begining then. He does not have a daughter that he knows of and Safana says she knows of no daughter. This is just a ploy to get you all here to kill you.”
Arithel: “And I know this place is far from perfect Masud. I would like to see the corruption and tyranny purged from this place. But in doing so innocents will suffer, we have to do all we can to prevent that.”
Arithel: “Or at least minimize it.”
Safana: “It is still early in the day, I am sure that anyone looking for us knows we’re here by now, or will.”
Masud: “There is no such thing as an innocent, everyone is corrupt in some way, shape or form.”
Safana: “Innocence can be overrated.”
Arithel eyes Masud with narrow eyes.
Arithel: “Let us wait and see who wins the auction.”
Campaign saved.
Safana: “Now what?”
Safana: Check the door
A small elven boy is standing outside.
Safana: “Yes?”
GM: “Are you her?”
Child: “Are you the daughter?”
Safana: “I am a daughter, obviously, but you’ll have to be a little more specific.”
Child: “His daughter. Is she with you?”
Safana: “Yes.”
Child: “You are to follow me please. Bring her. Quickly!”
Safana: “Very well. You’ll need to wait a moment.”
Safana: “Eachra, why don’t you keep our friend here company?”
Safana wanders off to find Leei.
Eachra peers at Safana
Campaign saved.
Leei is located.
Eachra: “Hello, child. Your name?”
Child tugs at Eachra’s sleeve. “Have a sweet?”
Eachra hands the child a piece of candy
Child sucks on the candy thoughtfully. “Are you she?”
Eachra: “I am a she, but not that one you think.” Whats your name?
Clay: “I am Clay”
GM: He pronounces it Kuh-lay.
Leei wanders back into the room.
Eachra: “Why hello Clay, I am Eyrni. Who are we going to see?”
Safana: “Well! Are we ready to go meet our enemies in honorable, face-to-face negotiation?”
Clay: “…enemies?”
Campaign saved.
Eachra: “Don’t scare Clay, Saf”
Clay: “You have enemies Eachra Eyrni?”
Safana: “I’m sorry child, it means nothing, simply that in negotiations, there are only two sides of relevence, enemies and friends.”
Safana: “Enemies in negotiation can still be friends outside it, you see.”
Safana: “It simply defines roles at the time.”
Eachra: “No I am just Eyrni, Eachra is my sister. Saf gets us confused all the time.”
Safana: “Ah, I had no idea.”
Clay: “…bring sister. Come, follow me.”
Clay stomps out of the room.
Eachra wispers to Safana “Leei better not get hurt!”
Leei: “A little pain never hurt anyone, Eachra…”
Leei follows the boy.
Safana: “She speaks truth.”
Safana: follow Leei
Safana: “All things in moderation.”
Eachra: “Remember you said that…”
Eachra follows along
Masud follows the group
Arithel follows.
Safana falls back to be abreast of Arithel in the walking.
Campaign saved.
You are led through the hotel, out through the massive auction block where the painting is still being bid upon. A few blocks later, you come to a stop by and empty warehouse.
Safana: [3d8 = 20]
Safana mumbles something and touches Arithel on the shoulder.
Kiergath (Safana): nevermind, because the DM just informed me we had magical healing pillows.
Alex: …yeah
Nick (Arithel): thanks lol I had forgot we were down hp
The doors crack open ominously. Clay holds out his hand.
Clay: “Tip please.”
Safana: “A tip?”
Clay: “Tip.”
Safana: "Take this, then; they say, ‘in the desert, the line between life and dead is sharp and quick.’ “
”“font-weight:bold;color:#000000;”">Masud: “Don’t bet on the horses and always have an escape route”

Safana: “It is not so different on the seacoast.”
Clay: “…cheapos…”
Clay stomps off.
The interior of the warehouse is well lit, leaving little to the imaginiation. At the moment, it is empty, though you notice an abundance of rafters and runways on the upper floor.
Safana: “So, we must be wary of the heights..”
Campaign saved.
Doug (Masud): Anyone else here that we can see?
Alex: Spot check?
Arithel: Skill [Spot] [1d20+5 = 23]
Masud: Skill [Spot] [1d20+14 = 18]
Safana: Skill [Spot] [1d20+4 = 8]
Kiergath (Safana): aw yeah.
Masud: Skill [Spot] [1d20+6 = 16]
Arithel, you see something dart along the runners.
Doug (Masud): Last was Echara
Arithel: Spell [Light] → Object shines like a torch.
Arithel: “This is ridiculous.”
Eachra: “what is Arithel?”
You light up the place even more than it was before.
Safana: “That we are being led on a leash like animals to the slaughter?”
Nick (Arithel): nm I thought it was dark in here for some reason.
Kiergath (Safana): neg, ery well lit.
Kiergath (Safana): very*
Leei: “…I don’t like the sound of this.”
Arithel: Target Safana.
Arithel: Spell [Eagle’s Splendor] → Subject gains 4 to Cha for 1 min./level.
Arithel: “Make well our negotiations.”
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “Nobody to greet us.”
Safana: “This is getting troublesome.”
Arithel: “Are we simply to walk into this abandoned warehouse because a boy brought us here?”
Safana: “Apparently, yes.”
Arithel calls forward into the warehouse, "Hello! Are AD here to negotiate?“
”“font-weight:bold;color:#000000;”">Your voice echos back to you.

Eachra casts Bless
Kiergath (Safana): Look for additional doors.
This seems to be the primary entrance, but there are certainly doors on the far side.
Arithel: “There was movement on the rafters, could have been just rats though.”
Doug (Eachra): How tall is the building?
Campaign saved.
Safana: Go over to the first door on the far side.
Arithel follows Safana.
Alex: It’s two stories.
Arithel: Carefully and looking about.
As you step further into the warehouse, there is a sudden pop of displacement before you. A shimmering being seemingly made of air takes female shape, with glowing red eyes. To her right, a short, squat winged dwarf stands with a large battleaxe at the ready.
Safana: “Charming.”
Woman: “Did you bring her?”
Safana: “Who am I speaking to?”
Masud: “Why hello to you, and you are?”
Woman: “I am the Devil who stalks the seas. Did you bring her?”
Safana: “Oh. Then who’s the toad?”
Kiergath (Safana): Should I rolll a diplomacy check, or can we assume I intentionally flubbed it there?
Kiergath (Safana): :p
Devil: “The Angel of death.”
Campaign saved.
Safana: “Oh. I should have known. Funny, I thought he’d be taller. Who did you want, exactly?”
Devil: “The Stormtamer’s Daughter. Give her to me.”
Safana: “You seem to know more about the Stormtamer than he does himself, if you claim he has a daughter.”
Devil: “…do you mean to say that he does not?”
Safana: “I mean to say that if he does, we aren’t aware of it.”
Devil: “I see.. it seems that this little town is not long for the waves, then.”
Safana: “Really now, twenty four hours wasnt much notice to remedy the problem.”
Safana: “A year, maybe we’d’ve arranged something.”
Safana: “Are you really telling me you sent a demand for something YOU didn’t even know existed?”
Devil: "Odd… we had been told… well, I suppose that’s of no consequence now. “
”“color:#660066;”">Campaign saved.

Devil: “If you care to leave this little floating log, I advise you to do so within the hour, else you will sink along with it.”
Arithel: “To what end did you seek his daughter? And why then do you threaten the people of this island?”
Safana: “What he said, its a pretty reasonable question really.”
Devil: “Our employers asked for her. Some sort of blood magic I presume. To perform otherwise would be unwise. If she does not exist, however, then we have no business here. This island is of no consequence in the great scheme of things.”
Safana: “Then why destroy it?”
Devil: “Why not?”
Safana: “I presume you are seafarers?”
Devil snorts. “I detest the ocean.”
Safana: “Ah, well then, I can’t fault you on logic.”
Devil: “Every creature that makes it’s living from it, spends time sailing on it, gazing upon it…”
Devil: “They all make me sick.”
Campaign saved.
Safana frowns.
Masud: “Is it that whole fire and water don’t mix thing?”
Safana: “One last question, since you’re about to kill us all anyway, who are your employers?”
Arithel: “What right have you to judge how others live their lives as long as they do so peacefully? So be it that you detest the ocean and its people, let them be, they are not harming you!”
Devil: “I suppose it would not hurt for you to know that both Heaven and Hell have requested you be terminated. I do not know what you have done to deserve such ire, but I pity you your short lives.”
Devil: “I have every right! I am strong and they are weak! Peace has no bearing in civilized society!”
The dwarf grins at Arithel menacingly.
Safana: Initiative [1d20+6 = 23]
Safana: casting.
Arithel: Initiative [1d20+3 = 11]
Masud: Initiative [1d20+6 = 22]
Eachra: Initiative [1d20+4 = 5]
Kiergath (Safana): LOL
Kiergath (Safana): “Wait, we’re fighting now?”
Doug (Eachra): Getting ready for what ever you do that pisses them off :P
Safana: Sound Burst behind them, fortitude saves on both.
Safana: DC 17
Campaign saved.
Safana: [1d8 = 2]
Safana: 2 points damage whether they save or not, 1 round stun if fail.
Devil: [1d20 = 9]
Devil: [1d20 = 4]
A shreik burts out from behind the two of them, and they both begin covering their ears.
Doug (Masud): Fuck it
Kiergath (Safana): exactly.
Kiergath (Safana): kill
Masud: Attack the Devil
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+16 = 33]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [1d20+11 = 30]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 24]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [CONFIRM] [1d20+11 = 15]
Arithel: lol
Alex: Both hit.
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 8]
Kiergath (Safana): either one crit?
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 7]
Alex: Uh, first.
Doug (Masud): Whats the crit stuff for 3.5?
Safana: roll damage twice
Safana: so give us another damage roll
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 5]
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 8]
Safana: errm, one critted.
Alex: Just the one :P
Doug (Masud): oops
Kiergath (Safana): :p
Kiergath (Safana): so we all saw the 5+3 came first, right?
Doug (Masud): I never play melee! This is all kinda fun! :P
Arithel: Target Devil.
Arithel: Spell [Dimensional Anchor] → Bars extradimensional movement.
Doug (Masud): Sad thing is she is gonna be PISSED at me! :P
Arithel: Ranged Touch (Attack 1) [1d20+7 = 10]
Nick (Arithel): damn
Campaign saved.
Doug (Masud): She is stuned maybe that hits
Kiergath (Safana): feck, good try though :(
Alex: No dice.
Kiergath (Safana): even flatfooted? rats.
Eachra: Target the devil
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 1) [1d20+12 = 13]
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 1) [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 2) [1d20+7 = 14]
GM: One damage please.
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Damage) [2d6+1 = 8]
Doug (Eachra): one of the dice is for the D6 electric
Kiergath (Safana): 2 points physical, 6 points electricity.
Kiergath (Safana): lol
Eachra hurls a javelin through the devil, wisping air around with crackling energy. The other she hurls firmly between her feet.
Kiergath (Safana): she was just putting it there for ease of reach
Doug (Eachra): Hehe
Safana: DM?
Safana: Sorry
Alex: Er?
Alex: yes
Safana: Target → Behind A & D, Sound Burst, fort saves, DC 17
Safana: [1d8 = 3]
Safana: 3 points, stunned 1 round if fail.
Safana: You can take the rogue out of WoW, but I’m still a cheap-ass stunlocker at heart.
Doug (Masud): lol
Nick (Arithel): LOL
GM: [2d20 = 25]
You let loose another burst of noise!
Doug (Masud): I must have been channeling you the other night in Rift on my rogue :P I was stunning this dude over and over in pvp
Campaign saved.
Alex: Stun this.
Masud: Devil again
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+16 = 35]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [1d20+11 = 12]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 27]
GM: Crit confrim.
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 4]
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 6]
The dwarf lets out a mighty bellow and leaps up into the air, his wings propelling him rapidly to the rafters.
Arithel: Have to try it again, I dont want her to escape if she tries to flee.
Arithel: Spell [Dimensional Anchor] → Bars extradimensional movement.
Arithel: Ranged Touch (Attack 1) [1d20+7 = 18]
Alex: YOU HIT!
Arithel: Awesome.
Ethereal ties reach out and bind the Devil to this plane.
Campaign saved.
Eachra: “Points at the dwarf and yells LAND!” /em casts Command (Wil save to negate)
GM: [1d20 = 18]
Alex: You’ll have to wait to find out if it worked!
Alex: :P
Kiergath (Safana): Dwarfy wearin’ metal armor?
Alex: It appears to be so.
Doug (Masud): Hehe
Safana sends a beam of white light from her palm into the dwarf.
Safana: heat damage, discount last two dice if he’s not. [8d4 = 21]
The dwarf lets out ana unholy scream.
Masud: Continue my attach on the Devil
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+16 = 28]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [1d20+11 = 20]
Alex: Both connect.
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 6]
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 4]
GM: [2d20 = 34]
GM: [2d12 = 13]
Kiergath (Safana): did something just fall on my head?
Doug (Masud): No, no I am sure the devil just got mad at me…
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): ah right, forgot she was free now
The dwarf hurtles downward, cackling madly with glee, hacking at Eachra. “DoWN! DOWN! DOWN!”
Kiergath (Safana): LOL
Two great rents appear in Eachra’s skin.
Arithel: Target Dwarf.
Arithel: Sudden Maximize, Energy Substitution Electricity.
Arithel: Spell [True Strike (Quickened)] → As Level 1 True Strike but cast as a free action
Arithel: Spell [Orb of Electricity] → 1d6 damage/level save vs. fort or be entagled 1 round
Arithel: Ranged Touch (Attack 1) 7 [1d2027 = 28]
Arithel: Ranged Touch (Attack 1) 7 [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Nick (Arithel): dam
Kiergath (Safana): LOL
Kiergath (Safana): ouch
Arithel summons up a massive, crackling ball of electricity and hurls it at the dwarf, barely singing Eachra on the way past.
Nick (Arithel): yeah, hope I didnt accidentally kill eachra.
GM: [2d20 = 29]
Nick (Arithel): phew
Two ethereal claws streak out and rend Masud’s flesh.
GM: [2d12 = 24]
Campaign saved.
Doug (Masud): Summon Natures Ally 5th Level
Masud: Water Elemental
Doug (Eachra): Damnit
Eachra: Water Elemental
Kiergath (Safana): yes, we heard.
Kiergath (Safana): :p
Nick (Arithel): it can attack same round as summoned I believe.
Kiergath (Safana): yassir
Doug (Eachra): Since the Devil seems to have something aginst the water and people who live on it
Eachra: “Attack the Dwarf!” /em points at the dwarf for the Elemental
Alex: Dice?
Eachra: 5th level so 5HD?
Nick (Arithel): im in mm right now, earth elementals attack is +10 and does 2d85
Doug (Eachra): they are not very specific just say 1 5th level creature or 1d3 4th level, etc
Nick (Arithel): I mean water
Kiergath (Safana): sigh, no, not 5hd.
Campaign saved.
Kiergath (Safana): one creature from the 5th level summoning table or 1d3 from the summoning IV table.
Nick (Arithel): its not 5hd, level 5 summon natures ally summons a large water elemental.
Kiergath (Safana): has nothing to do with the monster level; listen to nick
Kiergath (Safana): :p
Kiergath (Safana): (I don’t have my books, so I cant look it up, sorry)
Doug (Eachra): The table just says 1 large elemental of any type
Kiergath (Safana): yes. you said water.
Eachra: corect
Kiergath (Safana): 10 BaB, 2d85 damage, one attack or two, nick?
Nick (Arithel): yup, large water is 10 to hit and 2d85 damage, one attack unless its a full attack which it isnt this round.
Doug (Eachra): It use to be so much easier :P
Kiergath (Safana): sigh, yes, we get that, how many normally
Kiergath (Safana): two slams?
Nick (Arithel): 2 yes
Kiergath (Safana): AC and HP are the other important need-to-know
Kiergath (Safana): mostly for the DM
Doug (Eachra): I will be better prepared with info next time.
Doug (Eachra): This whole program debakle has be outof sorts
Arithel: AC 20, 68 hp average (8d8+32)
Kiergath (Safana): DM, you got everything you need? good, Doug, roll an attack for the elemental.
Nick (Arithel): power attack and cleave also.
GM: Doug roll
Eachra: [1d20+10 = 20]
GM: Damage?
Eachra: [2d8+5 = 20]
Campaign saved.
GM: 20
Kiergath (Safana): congratulations, I’ve just been completely replaced in the DPS department.
The water elemental slams into the dwarf!
Kiergath (Safana): I’ll be hiding in the corner if you need me.
Safana: Sing.
Safana: 2 morale bonus on saves against Charm and Fear, Attack and Damage rolls.
Safana sings in the corner!
Eachra: continue my assault on the Devil
Doug (Masud): grr
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d2016 = 31]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 2) [1d20+11 = 24]
Masud: Scimitar (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+16 = 21]
One crit! One hit!
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 6]
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 7]
Masud: non crit now
Masud: Scimitar (Damage) [1d6+3 = 9]
Kiergath (Safana): additional 2 on all rolls plz thx.
Kiergath (Safana): meaning, 28 total.
The Devil’s form dissapates, as though it has never been, all that remains are two rubies that have cracked in half.
From above, there is a grunt, a shout, and a giant metal form comes crashing down on top of the dwarf!
GM: [2d20 = 9]
Kiergath (Safana): erhm.
This causes it to dig into the ground with it’s axe instead of Eachra’s head.
Arithel: Spell [Haste] → One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
Arithel: Target all allies.
Campaign saved.
Everyone speeds up!
Masud: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 1) [1d2012 = 26]
Masud: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 1) [1d20+12 = 18]
Masud: Master Crafted Javelins (Attack 2) [1d20+7 = 22]
Masud: dwarf
Doug (Eachra): Someday
Doug (Eachra): I will freaking remember
Two javelins bury themselves in the dwarf’s hide!
GM: Damage?
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Damage) [2d6+1 = 4]
Eachra: Master Crafted Javelins (Damage) [2d6+1 = 6]
Doug (Eachra): second dice on each roll is electrical
Kiergath (Safana): Still singing, move it on.
Eachra: send elemental to attack is a free action?
Nick (Arithel): yes it lasts for # of rounds equal to your level.
Eachra directs the Elemental to attack the dwarf
Masud: Attack the Dwarf now, how far away is he?
GM: Finish Elemental first
Campaign saved.
GM: Roll attack and damage
GM: save me time
Eachra: [1d20+10 = 28]
Safana: two
Nick (Arithel): 2 more.
Safana: one more.
Safana: three attacks?
Nick (Arithel): one for haste
Safana: oh
Eachra: [1d20+10 = 26]
Eachra: [1d20+10 = 14]
Safana: DM, hits?
GM: One
Eachra: [2d8+5 = 19]
Nick (Arithel): 2 for sining
The water elemental pummels the figure around the head, the force of the water crushing it to a pulp, barely missing the metal figure on top of it.
Arithel: “What the?”
Safana: “Too bad Farport’ll never know any of this happened..”
GM: The figure, soaking wet, stands up and shakes her hair out. A familiar voice mutters. “…you guys were having a whole bunch of fun without me, it seems…”
The figure, soaking wet, stands up and shakes her hair out. A familiar voice mutters. “…you guys were having a whole bunch of fun without me, it seems…”
Campaign saved.
Masud goes over to make sure the Dwarf is dead and search the corpse
Safana: “Sorry, we sort’ve left in a hurry.”
Safana: “And I wouldn’t call it fun, really.”
Arithel: “Glad you made it though Meich.”
Arithel: “Not that we really solved any of the mystery. We just opened more questions.”
Eachra: “Thank you for the timely assault, Meich! That axe would have hit me otherwise.”
The dwarf has a greataxe and a rather hefty breastplate.
Safana: “We know Heaven and Hell were behind this, that they hired these two.. and that they wanted a fictional daughter of Stormtamer, probably to use as a spell focus.”
Two slots have been cut out for his wings.
Eachra Strip him of everything of value
Meich: “How would a fictional daughter of the Stormtamer help them?”
Doug (Masud): damnit
Arithel: “We dont know but it is something we can use as bait to lure them out.”
Masud strips him of everything of value
Safana: “Because they seem to think that she’s not fictional.. which makes me wonder if Bart doesn’t know about something.”
Arithel: “He admitted to bedding many women.”
Safana: “He also said, if I recall correctly, that most of them sailed with him.. that makes it difficult to miss a daughter.”
Kiergath (Safana): or am I miss-remembering, DM?
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “Maybe that picture that was sold at the auction might hold some clues after all.”
Doug (Masud): I think I remember him sayingthat too
Arithel: “I dont know.”
Safana: “So.. we stay in Farport and investigate, or we return to Islas.”
Masud: “Well the city wont be destroyed, yet at least. So we have a little time to figure it out.”
Alex: Not mis-remembering.
Alex: He sails with his salt wives
Arithel: “Just to be thourogh, I say we take a look at the picture, inquire about its origin, and if that gives us any clues then leave back to Islas.”
Safana: “Then our first order of business will have to be finding out where it went… since we left before the bidding closed, didn’t we?”
Arithel: “I believe the plump elf woman won the auction, though I could be wrong. Oh my poor memory.”
Arithel: Intelligence check [1d204 = 21]
Safana: “Plump? That was not plump. That was obscene.”
Arithel smiles despite himself.
You never saw the close of the auction.
Campaign saved.
Arithel: “You are right though, we didnt see the end of the auction. Suppose we will have to inquire about.”
Safana: “If we truly believe a picture of a nymph could have anything to do with a daughter of the Stormtamer…”
Masud througly goes over the dead dwarfs corpse.
Masud: Skill [Search] [1d20+10 = 12]
Doug (Masud): sigh
Masud makes a strange noise when he finds his hand slightly stuck up the dwarves ass as he is searching the body thoroughly.
Nick (Arithel): just take 20 we arent rushed
Doug (Masud): bleh
Nick (Arithel): good stopping point?
Doug (Masud): not THAT throughly, but since you feel the need, did I atleast find a kings ransom in riches?
Kiergath (Safana): with a 2?
Doug (Masud): :P
Safana shrugs, “If you feel the best course of action is to pursue the painting, that is what we will do.”
Kiergath (Safana): agreed, stopping point?
Alex: Sure thing.
Arithel, Safana, Meich and Eachra wake up in the most elegant of suites, finding a veritable feast in the morning awaiting their consumption. During the meal, Arithel buys a golden Lyre for Safana. In witnessing the auction, they hear news of the Storm’s Daughter – a painting of unfathomable beauty of a sea nymph. They discuss the best way to obtain the painting, before Arithel realizes they’re chasing false leads. They accompany a boy to a meeting place, bringing their slave Leei, but forgetting to get Meich after she began crying. They meet with the Angel and Demon in the abandoned warehouse. After dispatching them, they return to investigate the painting.

Campaign saved.
Very good. We will meet again next week.
Kiergath (Safana): ….and something in Saf’s mind clicks.
Alex: hm?
Kiergath (Safana): and so does something in mine.
Kiergath (Safana): nothing, we’re staying for the painting.

Chat log started at 4.4.2012 / 23:49:12

Return to Gaming Sessions

Session 14 - Farport - Farport Dealings

Planescape Campaign RaseCidraen RaseCidraen